Links and Resources
We are working closely with the following organisations to further our specific objectives:
- Stockton Heath Parish Council SHPC can assist with funding, approval of projects on Parish Council land and assistance in dialogue with Warrington Borough Council. The council have adopted a biodiversity policy which will further assist our parnership
- Cheshire Wildlife Trust The local wildlife trust provide guidance to WASH and we are working with them to create a range of toolkits and guides that can be downloaded for free to help similar community groups across the county.
- St Thomas’ Church working with St. Thomas’ Action Group we are developing plans to protect and improve the biodiversity of the church ground.
- Friends of Alexandra Park Group A hard working group of volunteers looking after this important green space within the village. Resources and knowledge is shared shared to benefit biodiversity.
- Warrington Borough Council We are building a working relationship with WBC to help protect and improve biodiversity on WBC owned land. See also WBC’s pages on climate change
- Stockton Heath Primary School, St Thomas’ Primary School, 4th Warrington Scout Group and local Guiding sections. Working with these organisations we encourage the young people to care about nature and join WASH for a hands on experience with our campaigns and projects….the future is in their hands.
Specific Resources and Interests
- Amphibians: The Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Trust
- Badgers: The Badger Trust
- Bees: Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- Birds: North Cheshire RSPB*; RSPB*
- Butterflies: Butterfly Conservation
- General: Wildlife Trusts
- Hedgehogs: The British Hedgehog Preservation Society
- Insects: BugLife (The Invertebrate Conservation Trust)
- Litter: Stockton Heath Prish Council have registered with the Litter Network to prove a resourse to encourage collection and report problem areas. See also Keep Britain Tidy
- Local interest: Mersey Forest; Moore Nature Reserve; Woolston Eyes
- Moths: Butterfly Conservation
- Plant Life: PlantLife; RHS*
- Trees: The Woodland Trust*
- Waterfowl: British Waterfowl Association; RSPB*
- Waterways: Bridgewater Canal; Manchester Ship Canal; Canal & River Trust*
- Wild about my Garden: See our separate resources page for giving nature a helping hand in your garden
* These sites, although focusing on specifics, also have some great resources for all of nature